rmwebs rmwebs is offline
Junior Member

That's pretty much as I understood it too. Although I dont think people really pay attention to the 1 meter from boundary. In fact I think pretty much everyone's sheds are likely up against the fence

I plan on having a gap around it, Ideally I want it close to the boundary so it'll be right at the 1 meter point, giving plenty of room to get around it to do treatment.

I found a couble of photos (all-be-it a very tiny one) of the 'garden room' offered by the local company I previously mentioned, the only difference is that the one photoed has a double door but it was displayed with a single (which I'd rather have). The single-door model had a slightly larger window, and an additional window on the side.

http://www.millersgardenbuildings.com/images/BIGFontwell%2012x10.jpg
http://www.millersgardenbuildings.com/images/BIGfontwell.jpg

It was offered with either 'standard cladding' or 'logleg cladding'. Both images above have the logleg cladding, no idea what standard would be. I assume some form of low-quality wood tho.

What do you think? It looked like a pretty simple building, surely all I'd have to do is effectively make the 4 wall frames, the floor base and the roof frame and screw them together then board up the outside with cladding, and then do all the damp proofing and other inside stuff.