Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 2 combi boilers?

2BSur2Bsur wrote:
On 28/04/12 21:32, Fredxx wrote:
On 28/04/2012 20:30, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Only as stupid as having two engines in your car.

What if it was cheaper, and possibly more efficient, to couple two
smaller
engines together?

Isn't that basically a V-engine (V6, V8, V10, V12 etc.)

well that's a matter of definition. There are some interesting designs
about - I saw one design for an F1 engine that was twin cranks with
pistons in the same cylinder so the same bang operated on two pistons
and two cranks. I think they called in an H16 or an H8..But ir wasnt te
same as te BRM over and under H15 design

The designers were convinced it would be smaller lighter and have a
lower C of G, and less vibration.

No one else was though.

and how hard it is to achieve it.