Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default 2 combi boilers?

"Stephen H" wrote in message
On 28/04/2012 20:30, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:07:33 +0100, kent wrote:

On Wednesday, 25 April 2012 20:05:20 UTC+1, Jim K wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 19:57:44 +0100, kent wrote:

This is probably a daft idea, but I'd be interesting to see if
there is
any mileage in it! Combi boilers tend to work best in smaller
properties, so for a larger property would it be possible (or make
any
sense) to have 2 combi boilers serving different parts of the house?
By "larger" I don't mean a mansion I mean a 4 bedroomed house with 3
showers!
Thanks for any thoughts on this.

ah the old ones are always the best....

nope! Thought of it all by myself! Is it that stupid then?

Only as stupid as having two engines in your car.

This is not without precedent.... the Intercity 125 train has two engine
coaches, one at the front to pull and one at the back to push.... the two
engines are sychronised....

The vast bulk of the heaviest end of trains do too.

Also the ThamesLink trains are usually coupled in 2's, or 3's or 4's.
Often at peak hours, they will couple two or three of these "complete
trains up to produce between 6 to 12 coaches. Sometimes they will
split/merge part way through journey....