Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default 2 satellite dishes on one house?

BartC wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Andy Burns wrote

or a motorised one if you want "the lot",
why would someone choose multiple dishes?

When they want to record or watch from more than one at once.

I could get nearly a thousand channels on my dish, but I struggled
to find even one channel worth watching, let alone want to record.

I watch almost nothing live, watch everything from recorded, so
I can skip over the ads, even on the national govt broadcasters
and so I can watch it when I want to rather than when they choose
to broadcast it. The only thing I do watch live is the national govt
evening TV news and even then only till the sport starts.

I don't watch a lot, most evenings only an hour or at most
two and that almost always just a decent in depth doco.

I temporarily took it down a couple of years ago, haven't
bothered putting it back and haven't missed it...

I'd certainly miss some source of what I do choose to watch.

Tho I do read a lot as well.

I also download the best stuff from our national govt radio system,
and listen to it on the phone when walking for exercise. Usually about
1:30-2 hours a session, too boring without something to listen to.