Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen H Stephen H is offline

Default 2 combi boilers?

On 29/04/2012 21:08, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 20:26:04 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message op.wdjie8sxytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 23:50:26 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message op.wdhx0ltzytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 23:00:14 +0100, Fredxx wrote:
It also meant I could go for condensing boilers as I wasn't looking
forward to the gas bill. If required I could run just the one boiler,
and on the 2 occasions I had a fault I still had gas heated hot
water,
and maintained background heat.

I suspect the goal posts have changed since, but the principles still
hold, especially in these days when boiler reliability is at an
all time
low.

Mine has run unserviced for 14 years. Buy a Baxi.

So, you're comparing a boiler built 15 years ago with one built today

You make Harry sound sensible

I can't believe Baxi boilers have changed to something less reliable.

Baxi-Potterton have a very poor reputation nowadays

What has a good reputation should mine ever explode?

I've just had a new boiler fitted. its a Vaillant 838, it puts 32kW to
heating or up to 38kW to hot water. Its a big boiler and apparently well
suited to mutliple bathroom/multiple shower houses by virtue of its
seriously large DHW heat exchanger.

All the gas engineers I spoke to all swear by Vaillant or Bosch.

Both incidentally are German companies, so maybe share some of the good
points enjoyed by VW or Audi?

Vaillant boilers come with a 3 year warranty.

Stephen

Stephen.