Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Weekly spends on domestic requisoites

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 19:47:02 +0100, tim.... wrote:

I buy BOGOFs all the time and I have never in my life thrown away food
because I haven't got around to eating it.

Same here.

People who are minded to overfill their fridge and not rotate the food
properly will do so regardless of the existence, or not, of BOGOFs.

Agreed, I reckon most food waste is down to the dates that everything
has on it these days. I know many people who will bin anything that
is past any the date printed on it. Me? If it looks OK and smells OK
it probably is OK, sod the dates...

The problem in most supermarkets is packet size. If I buy a packet of
veg I am eating it everyday for the week.

I can see that for some fruit and veg but all the staples are
available loose surely? It's the slighly more exotic things like
sugar snap peas, mange toute, baby corn/leek/carrot, pak choi, etc
that is only available in packs.

--
Cheers
Dave.