Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT Survey

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 09:51:26 -0400, wrote:

Better yet, see if there's a real estate agent who deals in rental
property and get their opinion on how the house should be equipped.

I rented out two homes. 3BR/1B single story family homes. Equipped
with what was in the houses when I bought them.

My agent was very helpful as she owned some rental properties. Used
parts of her lease agreements, with some modifications.

Each state has variations on renter protection laws as well as
landlord laws. Get to know them. Understand the eviction processes
for when you can evict and when you cannot. I read that in some areas
you cannot evict a tenant during the winter?

Strongly suggest the renter acquire renter's insurance. Consider a
month to month lease verses a year long lease. It seems easier to
evict a tenant using a month to month lease.