Posted to rec.woodworking
Zz Yzx Zz Yzx is offline

Default OT Survey

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 06:49:41 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

The log house which my wife wound up with after her mother died - and into
which we have been pouring money, lo, these many months - is now ready to
sell or rent. Given the market, it is most likely to be rented. I have
only rented two unfurnished apartments in my life and that was years ago.

The first was totally bare...no stove, no fridge, no drapes, no nothing.

The second had drapes - rather nice ones - and a stove but no fridge.

Having no experience as either a renter or landlord, I would appreciate
knowing what you would expect if you were looking to rent an unfurnished
house.

Drapes?

Depends on duration. I wouldn't buy/install quaility drapes for a 6
month lease.
Stove?

Must have
Microwave?

Perk, not a deal-breaker
Dishwasher?

Perk, not a dealbreaker
Fridge?

Must have
Washer & dryer?

BIG perk
Washer and dryer hookups only?

Must have
Anything else?

I'd also appreciate knowing if you would expect to do any of these yourself.
Change air filters? Buy them?

Yes
Maintain salt level in water softener? Buy the salt?

No
Cut the grass?

Yes
What other maintenance or repair?

Renter to provide usual household maintenaince associated with living,
i.e. plunging toilets, AC/heating filters, garden hoses, lawn mowers,
&tc.

Thanks for your time