Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default cheap Asian text equipment

Cydrome Leader wrote in
:

"hr(bob) " wrote:

I like the freebie Harbor freight coupon digital multimeters. For
what I need they are fine, and I don't have to treat it with kid
gloves like I used to do with the expensive voltmeters we had at Bell
Laboratories where I worked.

I had to prod around in a machine that uses 208v with a $5 looking
multimeter recently.

I was pretty concerned about the entire thing having a solder blob
work loose and throwing the thing into a current range and exploding
and taking off my hand and face.

two things to know about the $3/freebie HF DMM;
1.input Z is only 1 MegR.
2.the input jacks solder joints crack and become intermittent.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik