Chipper Wood

Default quality brands for auger bit

Check this site for information on uses and as to what types are
available/prices.

http://advantage-drillbits.com/auger.html
--
Chipper Wood

useours, yours won't work

"Ralph D." wrote in message
om...
I am looking for some advice on what companies have the best
reputation for ship auger bits that can be used with a portable drill
with a 1/2-inch shank. Any suggestions on specific models and how to
order would be most appreciated.

I am looking for a 1/2-in dia bit that is in the 18-36 inch length
range. I would like to keep it under $50, but would consider up to
$100 for drastically superior performance. The bit will be used to
drill rebar pilot holes in pressure treated wood for retaining walls
and also to drill pilot holes in soft and hardwood tree stumps for
inserting decay accelerant compounds. Forgive me if I am a bit off
topic for the woodworking group, but I figured that this group could
help even if I am not being very creative with my woodwork.

Ralph