Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Woodturning Club Committee minutes

On 04/25/2012 10:42 AM, Arch M wrote:

I wonder if the committee members are elderly and/or retired. There are
many people, and sadly that probabbly includes me, who were once
decision makers, etc, and are now trying desperately to retain some
modicum of self worth. Witness the number of retirees on boards, club
offices foundations, etc. They love making and strictly enforcing rules
and lots of 'em, especially Robert's rules of order.

Arch COC 1st. class, Woodturner, not so much anymore

I never understood that. I remember way back in business management 101
in college that they made the point that sometimes the way to motivate
people is to give them fancier titles and more responsibility instead of
a raise. More responsibility? That's nuts. I don't want to work
more/harder. I want to go fishing!

Of course, those crazy folks that think like that are the ones that rise
to the top. No wonder our economy is in such a shambles. If we all
went fishing, or woodturning, we'd be a lot better off...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska