Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Multi-dedent pot movement called generically?

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Cydrome Leader wrote in message
N_Cook wrote:
Warwick amps like to use large heavy brass knobs under mirror finish.

They
must have had problems with biased resonance/ratcheting and controls
turning, as they have used domestic stereo pots with that
semi-locking/detenting for vol and gain, although only one track used
in
each

clicky volume pot is all I've heard for them. The last one I saw was in
an
early 1980s Concept receiver. It was made by Alps and the replacement
cost
was very high.

I've just converted a standard mono sub-min Alpha pot to a "clicky" dedent
form ,for a Warwick. The other rotary controls in there have smaller
metal
knobs so there are normal mono pots on those. Before writing up another
tips
note, I was after a generic name for them

I thought it was dedent as it involved dents , into which a sprung loaded
ball dropped into

Er no. See

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/detent?s=t

Arfa