J T

Default Ticked at Rocklear

Tue, Mar 30, 2004, 7:13pm (EST+5) (Doug=A0Miller)
says:
snip I always call first. Just seems prudent to me.

Unless I'm just ready for a drive anyway, I completely agree. It
never ceases to amaze me, that using the telephone book is a last option
for so many people. The local Ace Hardware is maybe 2 miles from me.
If I'm after something specific, I have been known to call them before I
leave the house. Then, if they don't have whatever, I ask them if they
know where I can get it. Often enough, they'll point me to someone who
has it, or knows someone who does. Saves a lot of time, gasoline,
irritation, and frustration.

An exception fo the general rule. I needed something for the Luv
project, so took a trip to the auto parts store, that is a distributer
for that part, maybe 9-10 miles down the road. Turns out my son hadn't
given me enough info, as they don't carry it in stock, but have to order
it and have it in next day. No prob, it'll probably take him another
month to do anything on the truck anyway. Yeah, I could have called,
but this is a cool store, with cool people working there, and usually at
least one employee owned cool vehicle parked outside, so I often don't
call first. Today it was a Vega station wagon, with a 454. Way cool. =

JOAT
Don't e-mail me while I'm breathing.