Mark

Default Drill Press Handle Source

Are you sure they're 3/8 and not 10mm? 10mm is only .020" larger than
3/8, so it's quite easy to get them crossed up. Mark

Greg wrote:

Hi all--

I'm looking for a source for handles for a drill press. I just picked up a
Taiwanese import (Foremost Tool, never heard of them) at a commercial shop
closing. 13" swing 5-speed, 5/8" chuck...$20. Needed a belt and handles (only
had 1). The belt was easy, but I'm looking for a source of handles. I feel
like I have 2 options:

1) Get some 3/8 rod, cut it to length, cut threads, but balls on.

2) Buy handles (currently going for about $8/ea. at McMaster or MSC)

So here's my question: I don't know if (1) is any cheaper than (2)...I
don't have the rod, the balls (you know what I mean, you sickos) or the die.
Anybody know of a cheaper source for handles? I realize that in the grand
scheme of tool purchasing $16 isn't much, but it's a huge percentage of my
so-far investment in the machine. I bugs me the same way as if a replacement
handwheel on my jointer cost $300.

Anyone have a matched set with 3/8-16 threads they want to let go for cheap??

Any help appreciated.

--Greg

Greg Mikol

This email address is registered with the Washington State
Attorney General's office and WAISP.

Unsolicited Commercial Email sent to this address in violation
of RCW 19.190.020 is subject to civil penalties of $500 per
offense.