Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default New wiki article (nearly) - Electronics repair

On Apr 23, 8:24*pm, John Rumm wrote:
As discussed some time ago, this is the *start* of a new article:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...tronics_repair

This one would benefit from a group effort to flesh it out with some
practical examples and guidance.

There are plenty of general articles out there on electronics repair,
hence one that includes some real life diagnosis and repairs of flaky
kit would be in keeping with our DIY ethic.

So, dive in ;-)

Links to good youtube content would be particularly useful here...

Just one point, the biggest cause of failures by far is bad
connections. That subject alone could take up a whole article.

I also think its good to acknowledge that one single article on
repairs is inevitably going to be far short of covering the topic, no
matter how excellent the article, and can probably only usefully cover
things doable by people with very little electronic skill, which
probably covers 98% of diyers. Unless we're going to write an array of
electronic repair articles, people with skill on the topic will
already find far more advice elsewhere.

NT