Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default New wiki article (nearly) - Electronics repair

In article , John
Rumm writes
As discussed some time ago, this is the *start* of a new article:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...tronics_repair

This one would benefit from a group effort to flesh it out with some
practical examples and guidance.

There are plenty of general articles out there on electronics repair,
hence one that includes some real life diagnosis and repairs of flaky
kit would be in keeping with our DIY ethic.

So, dive in ;-)

Links to good youtube content would be particularly useful here...

Nice job and good youtube finds, the re-balling guy looks as if he has
done one or two before ;-). It looks like hard work for the money
though.

The SM IC soldering vid was excellent too.

Nothing to add just yet.

The lack of thermal reliefs on power plane connection to smps caps has
always hacked me off, I don't believe it makes a significant difference
to the impedance of the connection to the lead.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .