Posted to rec.woodworking

Default wood model making

"Steve B" wrote in
:

You are right. But, I've seen architects models of projects with
those little trees and cars and lawn furniture and the 300# guy
walking the Yorkie that's taking a dump. I always wondered where the
supermarket for those things were.

Hence, the question.

I guess it was just past some people's capabilities.

I have decided to make a model purely out of wood, having snagged a
nice new sander at a yard sale for $25. It only has to be close for
demonstration purposes.

Steve

Would you like a refund?

There's some good advice in this thread and some bad advice. There's
some stuff that looks useless now but may be useful later and there's
some stuff that's always going to be useless. Welcome to Usenet.

For detail parts (trees, cars, etc), visit your local hobby shop. They
might have it in stock, but chances are they'll have to order it from
Walthers. (You can order it directly from Walthers yourself, but if the
LHS orders it you often don't have to pay shipping.) Hobby Shops are a
local niche business and there's very few big ones. Check the yellow
pages and Walthers Dealer Locator.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.