Bluestars

Default Recycling - how do others cope?

"Huge" wrote in message

There is
no market for glass cullet in the UK. All recycled glass has to be used

for
landfill or road surfacings. Where's the point in that?

I don't think this can be true. Otherwise why would they bother to have
separate containers for different colours, and make a fuss about the type of
glass that can be put in.

Ditto for plastics.

I have seen on TV recycled material being made into laminate sheet.
I don't think there was any subsidy involved, but a principal factor in the
economics must be the integrety of the recycle material. Its obviously no
good if its contaminated with unsuitable plastic.

IMO part of the problem of getting the economics right is to ensure only the
right stuff goes in the recycle bank in the first place. From my
observations some people take no notice at all about what should be put in,
with a negative impact on viability since someone has to sort it out again.

Roger