Doug Miller

Default Ticked at Rocklear

In article , otforme (Charlie Self) wrote:
Bob Brogan Ham writes:

In 98-99 I put an addition on the kitchen and with the new cabinets I
went to Rocklear store in Schaumburg, IL. Since I live in Oak Park, it's
about a 30-40 min drive in good traffic and perhaps 15-20 miles each
way. I purchased their Xenon under cabinet lights with transformers etc.

Last week I went to buy another set, the touch switch and some spare
bulbs. Get to the store and there's a "lighting section" but no
lighting. Ask the sales guy and he says there is some new "CXF" manager
and he took out the lighting.

snip of stuff

So today I call Rocklear and order the stuff, perhaps a$100+ order. I
said to the person on the phone that I didn't think I should have to pay
for shipping on the lights since I thought they should have been in the
store, since they were. NOPE said her supervisor...so I got to pay for
the trip to the store and the shipping, or pay twice!

I'm thinking this isn't exactly a good situation...since they have just
about everything else in the catalog in the store it appears.

I'm thinking that I'd have learned how to spell the store name and called to
check before driving 20 miles each way if the trek bothered me that much.

You're not paying twice for shipping. You're paying twice for not checking,
which is your own fault, not the store's. To expect any store to have exactly
the same items in stock it had 5 or 6 years ago is stretching it thin.

He's also paying for being impatient. Didja see this in his post?

I had to order from the catalog to get it in a few days since ordering to
store was at best, 2 weeks.

I've ordered things from Rockler before, that I didn't want to pay the
shipping on. Just call the store and have them put it on their next regular
order. They'll call you when it's in.

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com