Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default dent repair

wrote:

I have steamed out dents before very successfully on unfinished wood,
but have read that the steam would likely damage a finished surface
and also didn't know if it would effectively penetrate through the
finish anyway. As far as why I assume lacquer, it's because I think
(but am not sure) that the finish seemed to get a little softer with
lacquer thinner in an inconspicous area.

If you aren't sure then either you are exceedingly indecisive/cautious or it
isn't lacquer.

If it is lacquer, it wouldn't just get a bit softer, it would melt...it
would be liquid and sticky.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...