Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawn Mower

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 22:08:10 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 20:34:26 -0400, "
wrote:

If you're lucky, continued pushing or other exercise might cure that knee.
My feet and back used to hurt then I started pushing myself harder.

Don't be silly. Arthritis doesn't get better with use.

Very true, but if you stop moving, it will get worse and you have even
less movement and more pain.

Agreed. Gotta do something but following a mower around for three hours isn't
it. My AL house (soon to be sold, I hope) is on a little more than 1/4 acre.
If I do it at one time, I'll be in pain for a few days after. If I do it in
two days, I'm fine. OTOH, the new house is on 1-1/2 acres, about half of it
"grass". I did it in three days last week, followed by the AL house over the
weekend (five days, about an hour a day) and my knee still hurts. I'll be
buying a lawn tractor soon.