Posted to rec.woodworking

Default wood model making

Steve B wrote:
I need to make a model of a device I am inventing. I want a
nonfunctioning model, but something that has everything the real one
has, just not working, and not down to the tiniest detail. Are there
stores or sites that sell model builders supplies? I imagine a lot
of this I can cut out of regular wood and dowels and plywood, etc,
but would like a few of the pieces to look realistic.

Thanks

Steve

Impossible to answer Steve. You don't give enough information about the
object you are looking to model, for anyone to respond. For example - I
could say... Sure, buy a bunch of 2x6's and nail them together to look like
your envisioned idea. But... your idea may require toothpick sized pieces.
Modeling - like woodworking, is quite project specific.

--

-Mike-