Posted to alt.home.repair
Hank[_6_] Hank[_6_] is offline

Default Lawn Mower

On Apr 18, 4:38*pm, "don &/or Lucille"
wrote:
Looking for informed opinions on Troy Bilt lawn mowers. Have the opportunity
to purchase a couple of different models on sale. Both are in models with
Honda 160cc motors. One is a push the other is a self propelled.

I do a lot of work on small engines. Mostly Motorcycles and ATV's, but
I do get a lot of mowers too. Here's my take........

Whether it is a Briggs engine or a Honda engine doesn't matter if you
do the required maintenance and do it properly. If you are the type of
person that don't do the maintenence, again, it doesn't matter because
ti will blow up anyway. Only you can make that call. Engines when
properly maintained, will out live the rest of the mower.

The things that do go wrong with push mowers are mainly wheels and
rusted bodys. Bodys need cleaned and wheels need lubed. The thicker
the metal is, the longer it will take to rust out ( if that could be a
concern).

Push vs sef-propelled......... You're not getting any younger. So if
you plan on staying in the house where you are for many years to come,
get the self-propelled. You'll thank me later. However, if you plan on
moving into a condo in the next couple years, get the push.

Hank ~~~~ just using logic