Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Last Project Completed

Swingman wrote in
:

On 4/18/2012 7:08 AM, RonB wrote:

We crashed (again) as a result of a lightning strike a couple of
years ago and took the hint. I purchased one of the small portable
Seagate hard drives that comes with automatic backup software. It
spends most of its life in our safety deposit box where it is
retrieved about once a month for update. Today, I would have likely
just opted for one of the now-cheap high capacity flash drives. I
also use one of those pretty regularly to backup files that are
important.

Granted, this works well for us because our small town bank is four
blocks away and retrieving the drive is no big deal. But with the
drive at a remote location it is safe from fire, tornado, theft, etc.

While I still use media to backup files locally, a subscription to
Carbonite and, and free 50GB introductory offer to Box.com, backs up
the backups.

I've had to restore a few accidentally overwritten local files from
Carbonite in the last few months and it only took seconds.

And, I can access the files on both services from either my iPad, or
Android phone.

Would not do without the option in this day and age.

I have my NAS backups for that. I am sure that if I needed remote
access, I would have figured out how, but I don't.

--
Best regards
Han