Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Last Project Completed

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Leon wrote:

I use Carbonite for my back ups, on a cloud.

Statement by Mr. David Friend, CEO of Carbonite:

"...Even though Mr. [Rush] Limbaugh has now issued an apology, we have
nonetheless decided to withdraw our advertising from his show. We hope
that our action, along with the other advertisers who have already
withdrawn their ads, will ultimately contribute to a more civilized
public discourse."
http://www.carbonite.com/en/blog/A-M...-CEO-David-Fri
end-Regarding-Ads-on-Limbaugh

"Carbonite, the Internet backup-security company, may be a good place
to securely store irreplaceable computer data, but it's not proving to
be a good place to invest irreplaceable dollars. The company, which
went public last August, has seen its stock dive 20 percent since
Carbonite CEO David Friend criticized Rush Limbaugh in the wake of the
Sandra Fluke flap."

http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/carbonite...augh-trashing/

Some time ago, I decided to can Carbonite because I didn't think it was a
good system. Too slow and cumbersome to do big backups over the
internet, even at my than 25/15 Mbps (My FiOS is now 35/35). This was
long before the Limbaugh inexcusable outbursts.

Perhaps my (in some places vocal) withdrawal from Carbonite has caused
the sharp drop in stock prices, but, really, it could very well have been
that the stock price was driven up by speculation, and by now the bubble
had to burst.

--
Best regards
Han