Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hose fab

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 07:38:33 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ignoramus32264" wrote in
message

The fittings in onesies or twosies are not cheap either, especially
with shipping. I would find a good hydraulics store nearby and
patronize it, personally.

There are reuseable fittings that would let you make hoses long and
shorten them after you have used the home-made machine enough to
establish the right hose routing.
http://www.discounthydraulichose.com...tings_s/75.htm

I'm told they are OK but haven't tried them. I used the premade hoses
from Northern and Parker store mistakes and put up with the excess
length. The Parker store clerk said the Northern hoses had the same
fittings he would have installed.

In the Northeast this company has good prices and selection:
http://www.omniservices.com/default..../locations.htm

jsw

When I worked at a lumbermill I made up too many hydraulic hoses to
count using the thread on fittings. None of them failed. They were
well designed and simple to use. However, for the ones we used at
least, if they weren't threaded in straight they would sometimes cut a
little piece of rubber out of the inside of the hose. This little
piece of rubber then gets stuck downstream in something important.
Eric