Bluestars

Default Recycling - how do others cope?

"Huge" wrote in message

Rinsing the containers out takes me a only a moment and completely

... wastes the benefit of recycling them.

Probably does on strict economic grounds, but as its marginal I would prefer
to see as much material as possible recycled rather than wasted.

When I looked into the local can bank about 3/4 of the cans were aluminium,
and at around 650 UKp a tonne scrap value (65p per kilo) I recon they are
on to a good thing, especially if the contractor quoted for clearing only
steel cans.

Incidently a couple of summers ago it became a nice little earner for those
who had the time to go round collecting aluminium beverage cans and weighing
them in.

Roger