Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Your Opinions On "Smart Meters"

On 4/17/2012 18:23, HeyBub wrote:

As I type this, I'm waiting for CenterPoint to flip a switch at Electricity
Central HQ to turn off the power to the other half of my duplex.

It will be done without a visit from any of their employees. I've had it
done before and they promise the action within six hours of my request.

I suspect that power utilities have different procedures for
disconnecting service for customer requests or non-payment. People who
involuntarily lost electrical service tend to do things like lighting
lots of candles or bringing barbecues indoors, resulting in property
damage, injury, or death. It doesn't look good for the utility.