Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Your Opinions On "Smart Meters"

Paul Drahn wrote:
On 4/15/2012 8:33 AM, Way Back Jack wrote:
in terms of energy savings, privacy, fire risk, and, most
importantly, health ramifications. Thank You.

First, let me say my electronic assembly service company built several
thousand printed circuit boards a few years ago that were used in a
smart meter demonstration in Tacoma, WA. I can assure everyone there
is no capability in any so-called smart meter to remotely shut off
your electricity. In Oregon, that would in fact be illegal. To
disconnect a customer's power, a service person must first determine
there is no medical reason for service to be uninterrupted at that
location. then they can pull the meter.

Heh!

As I type this, I'm waiting for CenterPoint to flip a switch at Electricity
Central HQ to turn off the power to the other half of my duplex.

It will be done without a visit from any of their employees. I've had it
done before and they promise the action within six hours of my request.

Of course I'm not in Washington state. Things in Washington are done
differently, such as not using salt on the city street ice to avoid
posioning the nearby Pacific Ocean.