Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hose fab

On 2012-04-17, Stanley Schaefer wrote:
On Apr 14, 12:04*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
What would it cost to buy machines to make one's own pressed on crimp fit
hydraulic, and, water hoses. *That would be just for the crimper, and I'd
like a hydraulic one. *Any brands?

Steve

I have seen manual units using big machine screws to do the crimping,
not sure of the crimp quality. I wouldn't depend on them for like
aircraft stuff or brakes. They are out there and if a guy had some
milling or shaping equipment, wouldn't be too hard to duplicate.
Basically two slabs of steel bolted together and with suitable notches
cut out for the crimp areas. Unless you're going to go into full
production, NAPA or truck and implement supply joints can make them up
cheaper for onesie-twosie stuff. Parker is the big name in hoses,
fitttings and the like, check their website for the real deal.

I used to stumble across hydraulic hose crimpers all the time
when looking for hydraulic electrical crimping heads.

Here is one at least on eBay.

160782987379

But it ain't cheap.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564