Posted to uk.d-i-y
jgharston jgharston is offline

Default Fracking in UK given green light

js.b1 wrote:
Fracking involves a fair bit of diesel, hence the benzene and lighter
fractions. I have a suspicion it leaks in via the original pipe route
not so much the deep level fracking which is below water table (clay
on top of fracking area).

That's the conclusion I came to - so it's a problem for the water
treatment system which already has plants to remove grok and gunk
from the water harvested from the environment when leachate at
the fracking pipe leaches far enough to get to the catchment
reservoirs or supply boreholes.

How many people are likely to have a private borehole near
enough to a fracking plant to be effected? I know it's the
"in thing" in back-to-the-country self-build property
programs, but even the people I knew living five miles
outside remotest Tarland were on the water main.

JGH