Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fracking in UK given green light

jgharston wrote:
Steve Firth wrote:
The question there would be permits for extraction in a National Park.

Dig the mines outside the national park and then go sideways.

JGH

Yep. In fact a gas drill rig is probably less intrusive than a single
windmill..

I note there are S Wales deposits..looked like the Brecons to me. I cant
think of a better gift to Wales than that. Must be some gas
infrastructure there already.

Very good paper on all of this from DECC

http://www.templar.co.uk/downloads/U...e_shalegas.pdf

Politically this may be a bacon saver. New UK industry, jobs in deprived
Labour voting areas..reduction in ports, an excuse to trash renewables
and still claim 'its better than coal'.

And of course, it keeps the lights burning without having to use the N word.

and how hard it is to achieve it.