mich

Default Recycling - how do others cope?

"Bluestars" wrote in message

"mich" wrote in message

Rinsing the containers out takes me a only a moment and completely solves
the problem of smells and vermin.

How many times do I have to say this?

NO IT DOESN'T!

I do rinse them. They are well clean by the time they get in the sack, but
the sack still stinks. I can smell it. Its a thick , dirty person type smell
, as if I've had a tramp dossing in the kitchen at night.

As for the vermin. Ive already explained that too.
Foxes and cats like noting better ( just out of curiosity) than to get
inside plastic sacks and nose around and pull the contents out.
And mice scratch and bite the bags open just to see what they can find and
to live in (especially paper)

I am in the country and I do have a "problem" in that mice are a natural
part of life here. Given a chace they come in , especially in winter. The
only answer ( and I one I was given here actually) is to keep all outside
areas free of clutter and litter, hard pave or gravel rather than have
garden near the house and thus keep them away from the house.

Putting sacks out is tantamount to putting up B&B signs for the local
widlife population.

Roger