mich

Default Recycling - how do others cope?

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
. 1...
On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 12:13:23 -0000, mich wrote:

the reality is no one will recycle anything when it has to sit
reeking around a kitchen for weeks on end now will they?

So you wash or at least rinse, things before you put them in.

For the record, I do rinse them, thats a requirement. But they still smell
of something not quite nice , especially after being in there for six weeks!

Though I
guess if you normally use a dishwasher for the dirty plates, pans etc
then running a bowl of hot water just for that is waste of energy.

I do have a dish washer - and so I do have to clean these separately.
Further, I have to be careful because if I put too much junk down the drains
it will clog them and b*gger up my septic tank eventually, probably.

If
you hand wash then it takes no more water just a little bit of time
and if people are running to a 5 minute schedule whilst at home they
really ought to learn to relax...

I dont have a schedule at home. Its simply as fast as possible because I
wouldnt have a life otherwise.
I already work more hours than I have available ( when you take out
travelling time) so every minute at home is precious.

Bags do seem to be a bit of non-starter but are no doubt cheaper (in
the short term) than providing boxes.

In the kitchen they create smell and are a mess and are simply under
foot.

So don't store them in the kitchen but the garage, utility room or
other suitable place. Ah Modern rabbit hutch houses no spare space...

I dont have a garage or an outside utility available for this! Not everyone
has a garage you know - and if I had a garage , I would want to put my car
in it, not use it a Steptoes - back -yard - recyling - in - waiting -centre.

I have a shed, but its my garden shed and its full of garden stuff ( lawn
mower etc) And I'll be b*ggered if I will give up my outside loo for the
job. I use the loo when I am gardening. I also have a greenhouse , and that
is a greenhouse, not a utility room in conversion.

I dont have a rabbit hutch house either - its a two bed bungalow but my
kitchen is fully fitted and the pantry is used as a pantry. There isnt a
"utility room". I do have a seperate dining room, but I am not going to eat
with this rubbish round me. I do have a lounge, but I refuse to sit with
refuse ( sorry about the pun) when watching TV
There is room for one bin only in my kitchen.

So philosophical issues aside , what is the practical solution?

I will not use these bl**dy things if they continue to be
inconvenient and generally in my way. Thats a FACT.

Instead of complaining in here, send your opinion to those that are in
control of the scheme. Be polite and constructive if possible of
course.

Now there is the rub. I dont know who to. It seems they have an outside
contractor doing it. Do I complain to the council who take b*gger all notice
anyway like as not, or to the contractor , who will probably care even less?

rant over.