Dave Liquorice

Default Recycling - how do others cope?

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 12:13:23 -0000, mich wrote:

the reality is no one will recycle anything when it has to sit
reeking around a kitchen for weeks on end now will they?

So you wash or at least rinse, things before you put them in. Though I
guess if you normally use a dishwasher for the dirty plates, pans etc
then running a bowl of hot water just for that is waste of energy. If
you hand wash then it takes no more water just a little bit of time
and if people are running to a 5 minute schedule whilst at home they
really ought to learn to relax...

If I put the bags out they get wet, rifled by foxes and cats and
encourage mice whilst sitting around , not to mention I get wet
putting stuff in them.

Bags do seem to be a bit of non-starter but are no doubt cheaper (in
the short term) than providing boxes.

In the kitchen they create smell and are a mess and are simply under
foot.

So don't store them in the kitchen but the garage, utility room or
other suitable place. Ah Modern rabbit hutch houses no spare space...

So philosophical issues aside , what is the practical solution?

I will not use these bl**dy things if they continue to be
inconvenient and generally in my way. Thats a FACT.

Instead of complaining in here, send your opinion to those that are in
control of the scheme. Be polite and constructive if possible of
course.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail