Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 12:08:20 -0400, Jack wrote:
Most of the scared probably whacked a fing-ee or two because they
weren't scared enough, or are old farts that realize as they age, they
are getting more dangerous to themselves. The old fart market should be
interested most in SS tech.

Guss we'll have to wait and see. Eventually, some survey will be
released on age and or something else brackets.

I'd expect a strong correlation with the depth of the purchaser's pockets
too... whether it's individuals' discretionary income pockets or
organizations' budgetary pockets.

I see that Saw Stop has a job site cart version of their Contractor's saw
now... and an industrial version of their cabinet saw (e..g, 3 phase 3, 5
and 7.5 HP).

It looks like some of the speculation here about Saw Stop's market is
already playing out.

John