Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Shear strength of screws

On 4/13/2012 2:53 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:

Yeah, considering relatively no one has a basement in the south, where
else would you run the plumbing? ;~)

That is so funny. For those of us in the frost belt, we cannot conceive of
a house without a basement - or at least a crawl space (a cheap alternative
that raises at least one eyebrow...) under a home. Hell - it ain't a home
without a basement. Where the hell do you guys do your reloading? Can't
put an ammo bench out in the garage - it gets all dirty'd up from painting
cars! Where do you put the pool table? The wife's sewing room? Ya just
can't really have a home without a basement. Even in Texas!

I'll give you a dime for every basement in the Texas if you'll give me a
penny for everyone in the "frost belt".

They're not unheard of, but rarer than unicorn poop on a roof.

Occasionally someone (usually from the NE) with more money than sense,
will get a code variance at huge cost and risk and actually build one
.... in the trade we call them what they will soon be ... "indoor
swimming pools".

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010