Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Shear strength of screws

On 4/13/2012 2:48 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:

That said, unvented attics, where all plumbing and HVAC duct work are
within the thermal envelope, is gaining some traction, although
relatively expensive and does have it's own drawbacks.

Much different than up here - though it may make sense in that climate.

Besides, how else would plumbers, sheetrockers and painter's make it
through a harsh winter without some burst pipe work??

Don't your plumbers make enough money during the prime season to take the
winters off?...

Only the "snowbirds", AKA "Winter Texans", many who are/were union
trades people, who come down here in the winter (to rest? ... while they
collected unemployment when it is too cold to work up North).

In case you think I'm joking ... I'm not.

Although it is not as prevalent as it used to be (maybe they finally
gave up and stayed, or the over the border competition got too tough, or
they don't habla espanol enough, who knows?).

I used to hire them during the winter down here (and yes, while they
were still drawing unemployment)... and, for the most part, much better
carpenters, framers and trades than the run of the mill is down here today.

Those were the good ol days, eh?

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010