Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Shear strength of screws

On 4/13/2012 1:20 PM, wrote:

I can do that in my copper plumbed house too, with no manifold.
However, I've chosen to use hydrants instead (frost-proof hose bibs)

Frost proof hose bibs are code requirements in most jurisdiction these
days, even on the Gulf Coast, and for a good reason.

Contrary to what you may think, a standard hose bib is more likely to be
the cause of frozen pipes in this area (Gulf Coast) and in relative
moderate freezing temperatures (+/- 20 to 32 C), than a pipe in an attic
(which rarely freeze here except when the temperatures stay in the low
to mid teens (C) for more than 24 hours), and the house is unheated or
unoccupied.

With most attic pipes between joists, and below the required R-30
insulation , the ambient temperature from the rooms below will generally
protect attic pipes for most of our coldest winters

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010