Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Schiller Paul Schiller is offline

Default Honing Aluminum Tube

On Apr 13, 12:08*pm, Bob La Londe wrote:
I need to put a smooth finish on the inside of some aluminum tube. *1"
ID smallest - 2" ID biggest. *Same application different sizes. *If it
was steel or cast iron I would just run a brake hone or cylinder hone
down it, but I think the stones would just pack up with aluminum if I
tried that with this. *It doesn't need to be precise, just smooth. *I
want to round off the weld seam (not to bad to begin with) and make it
fairly shiny inside. *Flap wheels? *Buffing wheel with a "course"
substitute for rouge? *Other?

Needs more info about your tubes but....Ball Sizing?
Pressing a hard ball through the tube. Expands and smoothes the ID.

Bal-Tec's site explains the process.
http://www.precisionballs.com/index.php

HTH,
PaulS