Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default 38 year old freezer efficiency?

Ron wrote:
On Apr 10, 12:43 pm, "Doug" wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:42:20 -0400, "Robert Green" wrote:
it.

Still, if you're thrifty, it's hard to trash something that hasn't failed
for a gradual payback on your electric bill. It's so much nicer when they
cooperate by dying a quick, expensive to repair, death.

Agreed. I couldn't see myself buying a big screen tv but the death of
my old large heavy Sony made it a bit easy to swallow Of
course I like the new tv much better but honestly if the old one was
still working, I'd probably still be using it. I'm cheap but like to
say practical instead.

Did you buy LCD or Plasma? LCDs use about the same amount of power or
slightly more for same size screen.

I had a 45" Mitsubishi RPTV that lasted me for 12 years that I
replaced 2 years ago with a 50" Panasonic Plasma. The Panny uses 400
watts, as compared to the Mits that used 210 watts.

I can feel the energy they take when I walk by them in the store, or just
put your hand on top. Led types run the coolest.

Greg