Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

On 4/10/2012 10:03 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:10:55 -0500, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 4/10/2012 5:54 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Larry W" wrote:

Hel, you could but a gallon of gas for 20 cents in my lifetime, and
I'm
under 60 (barely)
------------------------------------
Gas for just less than $0.20/gal was quite common in metro Detroit in
the late '50s.

Known as "gas wars".

19.9 was "quite common" in the early 70's in Corpus Christi. I remember
filling up my car for $2.

Ditto my 21.3 cents/gal in Phoenix in '72, my first time away from
home. I'd fill up the old '68 Ford Ranch Wagon for under $3. I paid
$80 the other day for a Tundra fillup.gack

So we are talking gas going up in price to about 20 times what it used
to be in 1970`1972.
A new and nicely equipped pick up in 1971 stickered for about $2k and
now about $40k

I guarantee you that if an alternative fuel that we have to purchase
replaces petroleum based products we will be paying more for the same
amount of energy. If this was not true we would have switched decades
ago. Oil is way too plentiful to be expensive, relatively.

If electric cars become mainstream demand will increase and our
electricity rates will surely increase, and not just the amount of extra
usage but for the same reason oil prices increase.

Just wait until some one comes up with a way to measure every breath you
take...