Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

On 4/11/2012 6:48 AM, Dave wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 20:01:25 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I'm just as happy with my Makitas and HF tools as you are
with your Festools, and that's the way it should be.

Without the lower end stuff as a baseline, the higher end products
would likely never have come to be.

Just the opposite. Historically, almost all lower end stuff is solely
the result of copying the already successful, higher end stuff.

Except of course, when you create
a unique product. Then it's often better quality from the get go until
demand forces the creation of the cheaper stuff.

All successful products are unique at first ... "better mousetraps", so
to speak.

As an example of that, I'd offer up the Festool Domino as a quality
made, unique product.

A point in support ... when the patent runs out, there will surely be
many lower end copies of the Domino, just as has been done with the Fein
Multi-tool.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010