Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 20:01:25 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I'm just as happy with my Makitas and HF tools as you are
with your Festools, and that's the way it should be.

Without the lower end stuff as a baseline, the higher end products
would likely never have come to be. Except of course, when you create
a unique product. Then it's often better quality from the get go until
demand forces the creation of the cheaper stuff.

As an example of that, I'd offer up the Festool Domino as a quality
made, unique product.