Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

On 4/10/2012 5:57 PM, Bill wrote:

As it was explained to me, by someone much older than me, the VIPs in
the big corporations don't have much incentive to "rock-the-boat" (take
chances). I'm thinking of Ford and GM especially. But the likes of
Microsoft (and Cisco?) too. My point is that it's not just the MBA "save
a dime" mentality, but the corporate (compensation) structure--which is
to blame. It's something like, "I'll just take my bonuses, retire
nicely, and get outta here (without rocking the boat)".

That's only part of it, but not the worst part.

That worst part is the mentality that the recipient of an MBA is somehow
suddenly endowed with the knowledge to the point of needing to know
nothing about a product to run the company making the product; the
mentality that "acquisition" is the all encompassing solution to
innovation; the part that fires the experience responsible for the very
innovation and quality that made the company a worthwhile acquisition in
the first to place pursue mediocrity in worshiping the bottom line; the
mentality that insulates management from consumers; the idea that
appearance, and not substance, is the only quality necessary ...

.... and those ****ing haircuts, ferrcrissakes! Who do they think they
are, politicians?

Well, as a matter of fact ...

--