Posted to rec.woodworking

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:10:55 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

19.9 was "quite common" in the early 70's in Corpus Christi. I
remember filling up my car for $2.

Ditto my 21.3 cents/gal in Phoenix in '72, my first time away from
home. I'd fill up the old '68 Ford Ranch Wagon for under $3. I paid
$80 the other day for a Tundra fillup. gack

I started driving (legally...) in '69 and was paying just under $0.25 per
gallon in Albany, NY. I remember us all complaining when it hit $0.25 - and
then went all the way up to $0.30. Then of course, came the Oil Embargo and
the unbelievable happened, as gas hit $1.00 per gallon. Shoulda heard us
scream then! Wanna see a grown man cry? Join me the next time I have to
fill up my Silverado.

--

-Mike-