Posted to rec.woodworking

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

Leon wrote:
On 4/10/2012 4:31 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Agreed, and at my local lumber yard, they restack the ply on edge,
which I believe is the reason I don't have that problem with their
stuff (since there is room for air), but do with the HD. I have not
been able to ever get the bow out of the HD stuff. It's just set.

Laying flat on a solid flat surface is best. HD tends to balance
plywood on two forks, laying sorta flat.

I think it's four, but I'm not sure. I know it's four when it's up in the
air, but I can't remember what it is when it's on the floor.

--

-Mike-