Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Old Coats Tire Man manual tire changer

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 19:33:34 -0700 (PDT), oldjag
wrote:

Larry, on the new unit Coats sells:

http://www.ammcoats.com/coats-manual...nger-model-310

the bar just bears against the side of the center post...the threads
are very course acme, and above that no threads, just a solid bar. In
any case the rectangular hole in the top swivel of my unit is about
1/2" wide x about 2" high...kinda small for a substantial bar to go
through. Maybe the bar had a spigot on one side that fit in the hole
but I'm just guessing.

I have no idea. I can honestly say that I don't miss changing rims
and balancing tires for the body shop, though. Or replacing bashed
dashboards. I had fun winding new wiring harnesses when we couldn't
get replacements, though. Usually sub-harnesses.

--
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
-- Sophocles