Posted to rec.woodworking

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

Bill wrote:

As it was explained to me, by someone much older than me, the VIPs in
the big corporations don't have much incentive to "rock-the-boat"
(take chances). I'm thinking of Ford and GM especially. But the
likes of Microsoft (and Cisco?) too. My point is that it's not
just the MBA "save a dime" mentality, but the corporate (compensation)
structure--which is to blame. It's something like, "I'll just take my
bonuses, retire nicely, and get outta here (without rocking the
boat)".

In some industries, that is probably quite true, and in others it would be
the kiss of death. The High Tech sector in particular, is not predominately
that way. The pace of change and the competition force a much more dynamic
lifestyle than that. VP's riding out retirement often do not make it that
far in those arenas. Especially if they are in the product chain (as
opposed to back office guys).

--

-Mike-