Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

If you are ever at Lake George again consider renting an island.
You have to reserve it early. But camping on those islands is great.
The breeze is refreshing. The water clear. The fishing unbeleavable. My
BIL and I went out at 5am and we were just trolling, and he caught a
lake trout without a down rigger. It was unbelievable watching him take
this fish in. The dance on the water was outstanding.

They have bass by the buckets. The kids (all young then) had a blast.

They have islands with 1,2,3 ... 120 camping spots. So you can pick
yours out. We liked the north east side of the lake for camping.

On 4/10/2012 1:46 PM, Jack wrote:

Yes, I'm looking for one now. I was on vacation in Lake George, NY and
the place we stayed at had a small specialty lumber yard right next
door. They had good stuff at decent prices, and I was going to load up
my truck but got pressed for time and passed. It was the most exciting
part of the vacation:-) Don't know where on earth they got the wood, as
the whole damn place is a national park or something and not allowed to
cut trees, dead or alive? I think if a chainsaw was heard, a tree
hugging swat team would swoop down and shoot the sorry sucker.